Property Managers Account
- Getting Started
- Build And Manage Your Property Listing
- Rates And Pricing
- Guest Payment And Policies
- Commission And Tax
- Property Security And Safety
- Managing Guest Reviews
- Increasing Your Bookings
- Channel Manager
- Owners Account Information
- Coronavirus And Natural Disasters
Search and Stay Channel Manager Guide
Manage Calendar Connections And Blocked Dates
Property Styling Guide and Checklist
What is a Holiday Rental Agreement?
A Holiday Rental Agreement is an agreement with your guests that sets out your Terms and clarifies the rules for renting and looking after your holiday rental property. Your guests should sign the agreement and then return it by mail or a scanned copy attached to an email.
For overseas guests, request a photocopy of their passport or other identification document. This is protection for you that they are who they say they are, it is confirmation of their signature on your contract and it may act as a deterrent against any breach of contract or damage to your property.
For more detailed information, head on over to these articles:
- Holiday Rental Agreements
- What is a Holiday Rental Agreement?
- Should I have a Holiday Rental Agreement with my guests?
- What terms should my Holiday Rental Agreement include?
- Does my Holiday Rental Agreement need to be signed?
- Should I tell guests my holiday rental Terms and Conditions?
- Should I include my ‘House Rules’ in the Agreement?
- This is an example of a Holiday Rental Agreement.