Before your guests arrive, be sure to provide them with clear instructions for their stay. Include information like WiFi passwords, lockbox codes, maps or special amenity instructions.
Try to answer as many questions as you can before guests even ask — so they can focus less on logistics and more on enjoying your holiday rental. You can use our checklist for guidance on what information guests will find most useful.
Providing check-in instructions for your holiday rental in a timely manner is an essential part of your guests’ pre-arrival experience.
- Driving directions
- Check-in time
- Any special parking instructions
- Where to find the key (is there a lockbox code or will you be meeting them on arrival?)
- Packing suggestions
- Best contact number to reach you
- Ensure that your guests are aware of your house rules
- Outline any additional special instructions or rules
- List of what is provided (linens, towels, toiletries, etc.)
- Hospitality extras such as a welcome note or gift basket
Ensure a smooth transition between arrivals and departures from your holiday rental by providing clear check-out instructions for guests.
- Reiterate check-out time
- Close and lock all doors
- Turn off all lights and ceiling fans
- Place all rubbish into outside containers
- Strip bed linens and leave on laundry room floor
- Turn off AC/heater
- Close all outside gates
- Leave key on counter or in lockbox. We recommend you change the code after each departure.
- Remember to send your guests a ‘thank you’ note — this can go a long way towards great reviews and even repeat bookings!
Make it easy for guests to enjoy all the appliances and gadgets in your home by providing clear instructions on how to use them.
- WiFi network and password
- Where to find extra linens and towels
- Instructions for electronic devices
- Sound system instructions
- Rubbish removal (where to find outside rubbish bins)
- How to use the thermostat
- Hot tub or pool heater instructions
- Special appliance instructions (e.g., outside BBQ or firepit)
No one knows the surrounding area better than you! Share some of your favourite spots with your guests.
- Bars and restaurants
- Coffee shops
- Shopping areas
- Nearby parks or popular outdoor areas
- Museums or national monuments
- Urgent care centres
- Places of worship